The VPL-CX236 offers installation flexibility, energy efficiency with a low total cost of ownership, and high image quality, while boasting a stylish design that blends into any decor.
Image correction features and a lens shift/zoom capability enable users to easily fit any image onto the screen, even from an offset projection angle.
In addition, these installation projectors are thoughtfully designed for optimum energy efficiency with a reduced total cost of ownership. They feature an auto power saving function, picture muting function with lamp control technology, long-lasting lamp, and low power consumption.
Every model delivers high image quality. The VPL-CX236 offers 4,100 lumens* brightness and provides high image quality with XGA resolution.
With all the features and functionality that you expect from Sony – particularly easy installation and usability, energy efficiency and low maintenance, and dependable image quality – the VPL-CX236 is ideal for mid- to large-size classrooms, conference rooms, and many similar environments.
Bright, clear images with maximum 4,100 lumens colour light output
- The projector’s high light output ensures that presentations are seen clearly in any classroom or meeting room. Choose from three brightness modes to suit any environment – High for naturally white presentations in bright rooms, Standard for everyday use, and Low for watching video in darkened rooms.
1.66:1 to 2.41:1 throw ratio
- The VPL-CX236 offers a 1.66 - 1.66:1 to 2.41:1 throw ratio, allowing installation in most larger classrooms or meeting rooms.
High resolution lens
- The high resolution Advanced Crisp Focus (ACF) lens offers a large diameter and fine pitch to ensure clear, sharp pictures.
Fine lens shift
- The projector's wide lens shift range means that the projector can be positioned closer to the ceiling, or horizontally offset to avoid ceiling obstacles.
3LCD BrightEra™ Technology
- The projector’s efficient 3LCD panel system is enhanced by advanced BrightEra™ technology by Sony. You’ll see the difference with impressively bright, consistent, high resolution images and increased panel reliability.
XGA resolution for crisp, clear presentations
- XGA (1024 X 768) 4:3 resolution offers plenty of detail: ideal for making presentations direct from a laptop or PC.
- Acoustic fan noise is reduced compared with previous models for even quieter operation.
Save energy at the touch of a button
- Just push the ECO MODE button on the projector or remote commander to instantly access a range of energy-saving settings.
- Projector brightness is gradually reduced automatically if there’s no input signal, or after a pre-set time – cutting power consumption and saving energy bills. Brightness instantly returns to maximum when an input signal is detected.
Power Saving Picture Mute
- Touch a button on the projector remote and the picture’s muted instantly. Another touch and the projector’s instantly powered back up to resume your presentation.
Vertical and Horizontal Keystone Adjustment
- Keystone distortion of vertically up to +/- 30 degrees and horizontally up to +/- 20 degrees can be digitally corrected via the on-screen menu and/or remote commander. This allows images to be projected with their correct geometry, even when installation space is limited.
Advanced Geometric Correction
- Each image corner and side can be grabbed and adjusted for a true, square fit - invaluable when projecting from an offset position.
Smart APA (Auto Pixel Alignment)
- Phase, Pitch and Shift values are automatically optimised when using the projector with a PC source. These values can also be adjusted manually.
Auto Input Search
- The projector automatically switches to the correct input, simplifying set-up and saving time.
Audio switcher facility
- The projector can select between two audio sources, routing them via a variable audio output to the room amplification system.
Picture Freeze Function
- Picture Freeze is useful if you need to look at other material on your PC’s screen during presentations without the audience seeing it. Freeze the current image that's being projected, and use your PC independently from the projector display.
Get closer with Digital Zoom
- Instantly magnify a selected portion of the screen by up to 4x for a really close-up view of images from a connected PC.
Off and Go
- Touch a button at the end of your presentation and projector is turned off immediately, without going through a lengthy power-down cycle.
Direct Power On/Off
- There’s no need to go through Standby mode when powering up the projector: the projector activates as soon as power is supplied.
Security that’s built in
Your investment’s protected with security measures including password protection and physical anti-theft anchor points.