Teaming crisp XGA image quality with smart environmentally-friendly features, the VPL-EX246 portable projector enhances learning with powerful presentations that really stand out.
Simple to use and wireless ready, it’s ideal for maximising student engagement in today’s networked classrooms. Designed in consultation with teachers, the VPL-EX246 is your ideal partner throughout the busy school day.
Sony BrightEra™ panel technology assures clear, XGA pictures in any conditions, from daylight to darkened classrooms. Plenty of interfaces allow easy connection, while a choice of Picture Modes optimises viewing with any source – slide presentations, PC documents, videos or web sites.
Adding an optional Wi-Fi module lets students and teachers wirelessly share homework, images and graphics from mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
There’s a wide range of smart energy-saving features built in. And with extended lamp replacement time up to 7,000 hours, downtime and maintenance costs are minimised.
3,200 lumens brightness
- Enjoy smooth, sharp, bright images in any classroom or meeting room. Choose from three brightness modes to suit any environment – High for naturally white presentations in bright rooms, Standard for everyday use, and Low for watching video in darkened rooms.
XGA resolution for crisp, clear presentations
- The projector’s native XGA (1024 x 768) 4:3 screen resolution panel is perfect for making presentations direct from a laptop or PC.
3LCD BrightEra™ technology
- Unique to Sony, BrightEra™ panels delivers high image resolution and high brightness as well as increased panel reliability.
Six Picture Modes to suit any subject
- A choice of six picture modes (Dynamic, Standard, Game, Blackboard, Cinema and Presentation) offers optimised picture quality with any source material. Combine picture modes with three brightness modes to suit virtually any presentation requirement.
- Add the optional IFU-WLM3 USB wireless module and connect the projector with other devices in the classroom, from PCs to smartphones or tablets.
Up to 7000 hours lamp replacement time for reduced maintenance and down time
- Reduced gap expansion minimises brightness gradation, while new cooling system allows uniformity in the temperature of the glass bulb which prevents the glass from clouding.
Save energy at the touch of a button
- Easily select power-saving ECO Modes with a single button push; additional environmentally-friendly settings are easily accessible via intuitive menus.
- Projector lamp brightness is gradually reduced automatically if no input signal is detected, or after a pre-set time – cutting power consumption by up to 30% and saving energy bills.
Auto Mode (Auto Brightness Adjustment Function)
- Lamp brightness is automatically adjusted brightness depending on picture content: the darker the image, the greater the energy savings (up to approx. 70% lamp power reduction, based on image).
Picture Mute (Instant Off/On)
- Touch a button on the projector remote and the picture’s muted instantly – cutting power consumption down to 30% and saving lamp hours. Another touch and the projector’s instantly powered back up to resume your presentation. There’s also a separate button to mute audio only.
Off and Go
- Touch a button at the end of your presentation and projector is turned off immediately, without going through a lengthy power-down cycle.
Direct Power On/Off
- There’s no need to go through Standby mode when powering up the projector: the projector activates as soon as power is supplied.
Vertical Keystone Adjustment
- Even if the projector is aligned too high or too low in relation to the screen, keystone adjustment electronically adjusts the projected image for an accurately-proportioned picture with true verticals.
Smart APA (Auto Pixel Alignment)
- Phase, Pitch and Shift values are automatically optimised when using the projector with a PC source.
Auto Input Search
- The projector automatically switches to the correct input, simplifying set-up and saving time.
Audio switcher facility
- The projector can select between two audio sources, routing them via a variable audio output to the room amplification system.
- Instantly magnify a selected area of the screen by up to 4x for a really close-up view of images from a connected PC.Built-in Security Measures
- Your investment is protected with a package of security measures including password protection and physical anti-theft anchor points.